Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RCC10: Cut and Paste

RCC Weekly Challenge Icon

This week, Jessie Knight Rone is challenging us to break out those scissors and glue at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge (RCC10). Jessie wants us to do a little Paper-Piecing somewhere on our creations! From little dresses to trees or fairy wings, paper-piecing can add lots of pizzazz to a project. Remember your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings, anything will work!

*** Please remember that your creation must have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool). ***

 MudBuddies_RCC11

For my card I used a super cute Pure Innocence image from MFT Stamps, some lovely vintage seam binding and a small piece of crocheted ribbon.  I paper pieced her overall and her cute polka dot boots from Stella Rose – Mabel designer paper.  The rest of the image was colored with Copic markers and I sponged the cloud background using Ranger Distress Ink and a cloud template I cut using Taylored Expression’s Cloud Border Die.

MudBuddies_Closeup_RCC11

More designer paper, some stitching added with my sewing machine and a few rhinestones finished my project! :)  Hope you like it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence (MFT Stamps).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso (SU!), white (PTI), Stella Rose – Mabel designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Vintage Seam Binding, crocheted lace (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Scalloped Rectangle and Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 1 3/8” circle punch, rhinestones (Kaiser Crafts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Totally cute, Danielle! Love all the fun colours!

Sparkle said...

oh so cute! I love her outfit!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

So super cute! I love her overalls and her boots and I love them more TOGETHER! Adorable!

Corinna said...

OK, this is adorable!! I wouldn't mind adding this to my "Shelf of Fame"! wink wink!!!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh, this is SO CUTE!!