Tuesday, July 19, 2011

RCC12: Buttony Goodness

Hi Peeps!  Welcome to another Ribbon Carousel Challenge!  This week, Sparkle Smith is challenging us to use BUTTONS on our creations. Any size, shape, material or color is acceptable. Even paper buttons if you'd like.

RCC12

So break out those buttons and show us an exciting way to use them. Remember your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings, anything will work! It just has to include some form of ribbon, twine, thread – basically anything that could be stored on a spool!

I used a button on my card to spruce up a big orange bow! Not the most exciting use but it looks so pretty that I just know you will forgive my lack of imagination. :)

RCC12_WhatsCooking_DLounds

Hmmm… this first picture didn’t show the bow to perfection so I took a close up.  The vintage seam binding (from the Ribbon Carousel Store) really is quite pretty and doubly so when paired with a button and some Brown Sugar Divine Twine (also available in the RC Store).

RCC12_WhatsCooking_Closeup2_DLounds

The sweet stamps I used are from an a la mode set by My Favorite Things and the designer paper is from an Cosmo Cricket paper pad. This stamp is from yet another set I’ve had awhile and hadn’t had a chance to use.  Oh yeah – another one inked!  Of course I have some plans to do a bit of shopping this week so I’m sure there will be some new un-inked stamps demanding my attention soon! :)

RCC12_WhatsCooking_Closeup1_DLounds  

For all the deets on this week’s challenge head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog.  Oh – and before I forget the Ribbon Carousel Store is sponsoring this week’s challenge with a $10 gift certificate!  Woo hoo!  So get your crafty on and submit your button-rific samples.  Okay?  :)

Recipe:
Stamps: What’s Cooking? a la mode (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Naturals White (SU!), designer (Cosmo Cricket), white (PTI).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: button, vintage seam binding, Brown Sugar Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, adhesive rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

3 comments:

  1. OHHH! I love the colors that you used-those papers are PERFECT! LOVE that large bow and the button on top with the twine! SUPER GORGEOUS!! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute card--love the mixing bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely awesome...seriously, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)