Thursday, August 18, 2011

Adventure Bound on a Bicycle!

Hey peeps!

I think I need to offset some of the chill factor (brrr… snow) from yesterday’s card with something a bit warmer.  So how about a cute bike ride on a summer day?  And some cheery yellow?  I think that will do the trick… so here is sweet summer card featuring Bicycle Chloe from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.

AdventureBound_LoveOfYellow

I colored Chloe with Copic markers and accented with a few touches of Glossy Accents and Crystal Accents.  I shaded around the image with B000, B000 and B00 Copic markers and softened the edges a bit using a Colorless Blender pen.

AdventureBound_LoveOfYellow_Closeup2

After stitching the image to a piece of Basic Black cardstock using my sewing machine I punched a hole with my Crop-a-dile and set a jumbo eyelet.  I needed a little extra room on the right side to tie the yellow bow and this was the perfect way to do so!  I also added a piece of ivory crocheted ribbon and attached it using the Tiny Attacher stapler by Tim Holtz.  I’m not usually a big fan of staples but these are cute and dainty and fit it nicely with all of the other metal accents I used.

AdventureBound_LoveOfYellow_Closeup

Hmmm… I think I need to get my bike out of my garage and go for a ride!  How about you?

Recipe:
Stamps: Bicycle Chloe (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Basic Black, Naturals White (SU!), Lemon Tart (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Blissful designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: jumbo eyelet, brads (Recollections), Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz), foam dimensionals tape, Crystal Stickles and Glossy Accents (Ranger), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, satin and crocheted ribbons (May Arts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

3 comments:

  1. OHHH! I love this card--great coloring and fab ribbon! I love how you used an eyelet to place the ribbon through! Great element and detail:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)