Friday, August 12, 2011

Keeping it Simple: You’re the Best!

Hi everyone!  How have you been? 

I’ve been busy in the craft room but haven’t been blogging.  I ran out of words so I decided to take a short break from blogging… let the word pool fill back up. ;) 

The card I’m sharing today was my third attempt at a simpler card.  The first one I made… not so much.  The second one wasn’t even in the ballpark of simple – although I did leave off sewing on it. LOL.

On to today’s card – I used two TSG stamp sets: Kindred Spirits and Sentimental.  I stamped the solid portion of the flower in Colobox Fluid Chalk Ink and then stamped the outline image over top in Memento Rich Cocoa.  I trimmed the flower, added a chocolate pearl to the center and affixed a heart stick pin to the back using a couple dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment in Rich Cocoa on Marina Mist cardstock and punched out with a wide oval punch.

KeepingItSimple_SentimentalFlowers

For the card base I folded a 3.5” x 11” piece of Naturals White cardstock in half for a 3.5” x 5.5” sized card.  I cut 3.25” x 5.25” rectangle of Naturals White cardstock and embossed with a QuicKutz embossing folder.  I layered it on a 3 3/8” x 5 3/8” rectangle of Early Espresso cardstock and added a strip of designer paper along the bottom and a piece of ribbon were the two pieces overlap.  To finish I attached all of the pieces together using foam dimensionals and added Bisque Liquid Pearls to the oval.

KeepingItSimple_SentimentalFlowers_Closeup

Turned out to be a quick card to make… so quick that I made three more of them and it only took an hour. Easy peasy once you have a layout you like! :)

KeepingItSimple_SentimentalFlowers_4Pack

Recipe:
Stamps: Sentimental, Kindred Spirits (There She Goes).
Paper: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Naturals White (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk Ink (Colorbox).
Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), embossing folder (QuicKutz), oval punch and ribbon (SU!), heart stick pin, chocolate pearl (Kaiser Craft), foam dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog, and started scrolling immediately. I used to be a scrapper/turned FT knitter/designer, but I always LOVE a hand made card...especially this one. Too cute! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)