Friday, August 5, 2011

Keeping it Simple: Zoopendous!

So I fell off the “Keeping it Simple” wagon last week… but I’m back on it this week with a fabulous fun circle card.  I did add a bit of complexity by adding liquid pearls but the rest of it was quick to make! :)

I used the new Zoopendous stamp set from There She Goes and stamped the giraffe in black ink on white cardstock. I colored with markers and cut out with scissors (sorry – I do love to cut out images).  I added Sweet Melon Smooch to the spots and added some glitter to the deely-bobbers on the giraffe’s head.  Next I created a scalloped circle card base using a Grand Nestabilities Scallop Circle die.  I used Circle Nestabilities to cut out the designer paper and its mat.  I adhered the layers together and added orange Liquid Pearls.  To finish I stamped a sentiment on white cardstock and trimmed to size.  For a final quick touch I added three Glitter Candy Dots.  To finish the pieces were all adhered together using a liquid glue (sentiment) and foam dimensionals (giraffe and card base).

ZooperGiraffe_Single_DLounds

Here is a close up so you can see the glittery smooch.

ZooperGiraffe_Closeup_DLounds

Like my other quick-ish cards I made four of this one… I just used different sentiments from the set for each one. I must admit that I do love seeing them all together! :)

ZooperGiraffe_FourPack_DLounds

So there you go… this week’s simpler card.  And just because it is simpler doesn’t mean it can’t pack a whole lot of crafty fun! :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Zoopendous (There She Goes).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Pure Poppy (SU!), white (PTI), designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink:black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glitter candy dots (Pebbles), Circle and Grand Scalloped Circle Nestabilites (Spellbinders), foam dimensionals, Orange Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Sweet Melon Smooch, Crystal fine glitter (MS).

2 comments:

  1. This is very cute and adorable Danielle! I love everything about it.

    Hope you can stop by my blog: http://www.instead-of-ironing.blogspot.com/

    {{hugs}}
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)