Tuesday, August 2, 2011

RCC14: Anything Goes

Hey peeps… it is time for another Ribbon Carousel Challenge!!!

This month we are introducing a new addition to our regular crewmates, a Stowaway Crew Member (aka Guest Designer)! Based simply on participation and love for all things Ribbon Carousel, it’s our way of highlighting YOU, our faithful friends! This month, Kelli Hull joins us for some uber fun creating. In honor of Kelli and her fabulously crazy, party-girl personality, this week’s challenge (RCC14) is ANYTHING GOES!!

As an added bonus, EAD Designs is sponsoring us this week and has provided each designer with product! Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog for all of the contest details and links to all of the participants for this week’s challenge!  And guess what?  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a prize pack! 

EAD logo

For my project today I used a fun ghostie sticker sheet from EAD to decorate a cute little notebook I picked up in the dollar bin. :)

RCC14_GhostieBook_DLounds

I layered the ghost sticker on a piece of sparkly green cardstock (the ghost portions of the sticker are clear so the cardstock base shows through).  I then matted the panel on black cardstock, rounded the corners and stitched the edges.  I added a bit of wide ribbon and a cute mummy from a TSG stamp set that I colored with Copic markers and cutout.  A few rhinestones and a bit of glitter finished the project.  This was a super easy one… and I love the big stickers from EAD… perfect for making your own custom backgrounds!  Can you picture this sticker on some polka dot designer paper (like the paper I used for the sentiment)?  Wouldn’t that be FUN!

RCC14_GhostieBook_DLounds_Closeup

Recipe:
Stamps: Hauntingly Delightful (There She Goes).
Paper: glitter green, black, white, designer (Lily Bee).
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers.
Accessories: sticker sheet (EAD), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, vintage seam binding and wide grosgrain ribbon (available at the Ribbon Carousel store), foam dimensional tape.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh if that isn't the CUTEST!! That is such a GREAT idea! Gonna have to steal that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! I got this sticker and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I was going to use it! LOOOOOOOVE this! You rocked these stickers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too dang cute...and I just realized it's a sticker. I may HAVE to use it, now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)