Tuesday, August 16, 2011

RCC16: Blue Ducky is Looking for Some Rain!

Hello all!

I’m popping in today with a card I made for this week’s Ribbon Carousel Challenge!  And guess what?  The challenge is to use a sketch that I designed.  I’m looking forward to seeing your take on it!

Blank Challenge

Challenge details: Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings, anything will work!  All you need to do is incorporate the sketch into your project some way some how!  *** Oh, and please remember that your creation must include ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool). ***  For full details on the challenge and more eye candy visit the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog.

Before I forget - this week, we’re being joined by the Design Team of our sponsor, AMBER INK! AmberInk is giving one randomly selected participant a $15 Gift Certificate to their store!

linkicons_Amber_Ink_Links_181x154

For my card today I used the fabulous Rainy Day set!  I just love that ducky!  Now I don’t need any more rain at my house but I thought this would be the perfect card for someone a little more South where the weather has been a bit drier! :)

RCC16_BlueDuckyWantsRain

Main image details:  Ducky was printed twice (it is a digital stamp set).  The first time he was printed with the puddle image and the second time by himself.  I colored the puddle scene with Copic markers and then cut out with an oval Nestabilities die.  The second ducky was colored with Copic markers, trimmed by hand and then affixed over the first with dimensionals.  I coated the puddle with Illuminate Smooch and added Silver Liquid Pearls along the edge of the die cut image (after it was sponged with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink).

RCC16_BlueDuckyWantsRain_Closeup

Some lovely Authentique designer paper and a bit of ribbon were the perfect accents for the main image.  Of course a few glittery brown Candy Dots didn’t hurt either! :)  Hope you like today’s card! 

Recipe:
Stamps: Rainy Day (AmberInk).
Paper: Naturals White, Early Espresso (SU!), white (PTI), Journey designer (Authentique).
Ink: Black, Copic markers, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Pool and Illuminate Smooch (Clearsnap), Glitter Candy Dots (Pebbples), Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), organdy ribbon (retired SU!), Blue striped ribbon (May Arts).

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card!! Love the puddle! Love your sketch! I have to find some time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blue duckie! So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! This is SUPER DUPER adorable! LOVE the paper and the outline on your die! Love that little duckie and the sentiment--PERFECT:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)