Friday, September 30, 2011

Christmas Tags 2011: Candy Cane Kisses

Brr.  It is time to break out the hot chocolate, fuzzy slipper socks, and sweaters because my house is cold… and I refuse to turn on the furnace… yet. ;)  So to celebrate the turn in the weather how about a set of Christmas tags?  I’ve been busy in my craft room making oodles of tags but I’ve been neglecting sharing them with you.  Sigh… bad blogger!  Bad! 

Now that I have chastised myself how about I show you the first set!  Here you go:

BeMerryCandyCane_Tag_4Pack

I used the Candy Cane Kisses a la modes set from MFT for the main image and the sentiment.  The designer paper is an older line from Basic Grey.  I bought a whole 12” x 12” collection of this paper last year and I think it will last me forever. ;)

BeMerryCandyCane_Tag

After I stamped, colored, and cut out the main image I coated the candy cane with Illuminate Glitter Top Coat Smooch.  Makes for a super delicious looking Christmas treat.  Hmm… if it were real it would go perfectly with my cup of hot cocoa! ;)

BeMerryCandyCane_Tag_GlitteryCandy

I stamped the sentiment on Naturals White cardstock and cut out with a small oval punch.  After knotting the burgundy striped ribbon around the panel I tied a length of twine around the knot of the bow.  I then attached the sentiment to the twine with a small jump ring (you can find these in the jewelry section of most craft stores).

BeMerryCandyCane_Tag_Closeup

So what do you think?  Do you like the first set of tags?  What would you think if I told you that I have another four sets of them to share?  Heh heh… so check back over the next week or so to see the rest of the tags.  Oh, I think some of these tags could use a new home.  Perhaps I might (hint hint) select some random person from the comments on my tag posts to win a set (1 of each of the five designs).  :)

Recipe:
Stamps: a la modes – Candy Cane Kisses (MFT).
Paper: Scarlet (PTI), Naturals White, Blushing Bride (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Illuminate Glitter Top Coat (Smooch), Small oval punch (SU!), silver brads (American Crafts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Oval Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), twine and burgundy striped ribbon (May Arts), Vintage Seam Binding, jump ring, foam dimensional tape.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog from blog hopping from Wild Sprinkles Stamps.
    Love the tags and the adoreable ideal of putting the sentiment on the tag with a jump ring!!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, you are definitely the "Tag Queen" and I can't wait to see the other sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags, can't wait to see the others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS. I love your creations. I like the sentiment about family around the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so inspired by you, this is sooo cute!! What tag template did you use or create your own?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these girly girl tags. The color combination is wonderful, the black striped ribbon so sophisticated and the girl quite sassy. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm heading into my craft room to start playing tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag design! I love all the elements... the image, the papers and the trim! Great job in creating a fun tag!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite stamps!! Love the tag ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)