Friday, September 2, 2011

Keeping It Simple: No Place Like Home

Hello!  Not only is it Friday but it is the beginning of a Holiday weekend.  Woo hoo!  If that isn’t enough to make me happy I have a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting all baked and ready for eating. Nom nom nom!  And there are no raisins in it.  Not a single one!  I really don’t like raisins in my baked goods… yick!

But enough about cake and onto something crafty.  Here is another project that I attempted to keep simple.

NoPlaceLikeHome_Single

I die cut a strip of grass and adhered to a blue background.  I then stamped the house image and the clouds.  The houses were stamped a second time on white cardstock, colored and cut out.  I added the colored houses to the scene with foam dimensionals and painted the clouds with Shimmerz glitter paint.  Once dry I rounded the top corners and sponged the edges with Whisper White Craft ink.

NoPlaceLikeHome_Closeup

A little ribbon and some designer paper finished the card.  Oh and a sentiment… can’t forget that!  Because it was a simpler card I made four of them. :D

NoPlaceLikeHome_Pile

Any questions just let me know in the comments below.  Oh… and if you likey what you see let me know that too!  Mmmm… carrot cake is calling me! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Day or Night (There She Goes).
Papers: Naturals White, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery (SU!), designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White (SU!), Copic markers.
Accessories: Angel Wings Shimmerz, Tiny Twinkles (TE), foam dimensionals, organdy ribbon, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Grass Border Die (TE).

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)