Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RCC20: Punny Halloween Tags

RCC Weekly Challenge Icon

This week’s Ribbon Carousel Challenge (RCC20) is brought to us by the talented Savannah O’Gwynn. Sav wants us to get punny! So make a funny, quirky, cute, sassy or punny card and play along with us this week.  Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for all the details on the challenge, some pretty samples from the design team and news on this week’s prize which is sponsored by Lawn Fawn!

image Challenge notes: Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings, anything will work! Just be sure to include ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine or lace (basically anything that comes on a spool).

For my project this week I made a set of punny Halloween tags (they are a bit on the edgy side but I hope you find them funny!):

RCC20PunnyHalloweenTags_DLounds

For my tags I used the vampire from Hauntingly Delightful (There She Goes) and stamped him in black ink and colored with Copic markers.  I then cut him out… but he needed a little something more.  So I coated his hair and teeth with Illuminate Smooch for a slick glittery finish… oh Suave Vampire! ;)

RCC20PunnyHalloweenTags_Single_DLounds

Now for the punny part… I stamped a couple of sentiments from the same stamp set on Kraft cardstock and punched them out with a small oval punch. These little sayings crack me up and I have a few friends that these tags would be perfect for.  Heh heh heh!

RCC20PunnyHalloweenTags_BottomCloseup_DLounds

I accented the tags with some older Imaginisce designer paper and some yummy May Arts ribbon and twine from the September Ribbon Club Kit. I also added a bit of black fencing cut out with the Spooky Border Die from Taylored Expressions.

RCC20PunnyHalloweenTags_TopCloseup_DLounds

Some ribbon links for all you ribbon addicts:

Recipe:
Stamps: Hauntingly Delightful (There She Goes).
Paper: Kraft, Black, Choice Snow White (PTI), designer (Imaginisce).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers).
Accessories: black eyelet (American Crafts), Small Oval Punch (SU!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Black baker’s twine (Divine Twine), black twine and striped linen ribbon (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Indie Bloom buttons (Basic Grey), tags and Spooky Fence border die (Taylored Expressions), foam dimensionals, Iluminate Smooch (ClearSnap).

5 comments:

  1. OHHHH! These are edgy and SUPER fun!!! LOVE your tags--perfect for the challenge and upcoming holiday!! FUN FUN FUN!! THANKS for getting punny with me:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! I love the coloring and the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could he be any cuter?! Love these sentiments!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)