Tuesday, September 27, 2011

RCC22: Alter It!

Have you ever thought of all the different things you can do with your spooled items? You can scrunch it, sew it, pucker it, fold it, make flowers and embellishments with it! So Jessie wants us to alter your spooled item for this week’s Ribbon Carousel Challenge (RCC22).

RCC Weekly Challenge Icon

This week we have the super fun Cosmo Cricket as our sponsor!
 
CosmoCricutLogo
With their new Glubers, you can make big and small flowers and embellishments in a jiff! Eric and Julie, owners of the immensely popular Cosmo Cricket, were kind enough to send the Carousel Crew Glubers to make their amazing creations this week!

HappyDayTin_WithBigGreenRibbonFlower 

For my project I decorated a metal tin I’ve had a while with one of the 2 1/2” Glubers.  I created a green rolled flower by adding V-Striped Celery Twill Ribbon (I love this line of ribbon – LOVE!).  After adhering the flower to the matted designer paper I added a big grey corduroy brad to the center and tucked some die cut leaves behind it.

HappyDayTin_WithBigGreenRibbonFlower_FlowerCloseup

The pattern of the ribbon makes for an interesting flower with lots of texture (I told you I loved this ribbon!).

HappyDayTin_WithBigGreenRibbonFlower_TinFront

The sentiment and little girl are from the recently released Pure Innocence – Feelin’ Froggy stamp set from My Favorite Things.  For the panels I layered Victoria Gardens designer paper on Black Cardstock and added dots of pink Liquid Pearls along the edges.

HappyDayTin_WithBigGreenRibbonFlower_GirlCloseup 

Are you loving that flower?  Want a chance to win some Glubers of your own (and some designer paper too)?  All you need to do is play along with this week’s challenge.  Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts,paintings! *** Just be sure to have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace,thread (basically anything that comes on a spool). *** 

For all the details on the challenge and more design team samples be sure to check out the Ribbon Carousel Blog! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Feelin’ Froggy (MFT).
Paper: Black, Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Victoria Gardens Designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Celery V Striped ribbon (May Arts), 2 1/2” Gluber (Cosmo Cricket), Tiny Twinkles and Leafy Branch Die (TE), Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger), foam dimensional tape, Gray Corduroy Brad, tin.

3 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE this little tin! I love how you made your flower and your coloring (esp. this little gal's cheeks!). FAB creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute! I love the little PI girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the way you colored her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)