Monday, September 19, 2011

Wish Big Petal Card

Hello!  So, I don’t usually go the technique route on my cards but I saw the most adorable Petal Card tutorial created by Beate for Split Coast Stampers. So cute that I immediately added a petal card to my To Do list!  Of course, I needed the perfect image and thought the Pure Innocence – Believe in Magic would do the trick. :)

And here is my finished project…

FairyGoodDay_PetalCard

I stamped the little girl in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her with Copic markes.  I paper pieced the upper portion of her dance outfit with some designer paper and added glitter to her wings.  Next I cut her out and added a sparkly pink rhinestone to her wand.  Once I finished decorating the belly band that keeps the petal card closed I attached her using foam dimensionals dots.

FairyGoodDay_PetalCard_Closeup

Here is a shot of what the card looks like without the belly band holding the petals closed.

FairyGoodDay_PetalCard_Opening

And finally… the inside of the card!

FairyGoodDay_PetalCard_Opened

So much fun and I think I will have to add this to my list of favorite techniques! Have you made a petal card?  I’d love to see your take on this fun project! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Believe in Magic (MFT Stamps).
Paper: Black, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blushing Bride (SU!), Copic markers.
Accessories: rhinestone, Black Licorice Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Pleated satin ribbon (May Arts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger), glitter (MS), foam dimensionals.

3 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)