Thursday, October 13, 2011

Christmas Tags 2011: Pinwheels and Fluff

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m finally checking in with my fourth set of Christmas Tags today and guess what?  I’ve heard a rumor that you can check back Saturday for the fifth and final set. :)

Like the previous Christmas Tags 2011 that you can see in previous posts HERE, HERE and HERE I’ll be including one of these in a give-a-way. Just leave a comment on one of the posts to be included (you can comment on all of them for more chances). Once all five tag sets are posted I will pick a winner (probably Monday evening if all goes as planned).

ChristmasTags2011_Pinwheels_4Pack

For this set I decided to make festive rosettes from Nordic Holiday designer paper to showcase these cute little images from the Hangin’ Out –  At the North Pole stamp set from Taylored Expressions.  To make the rosettes I scored two 1” x 6” strips of designer paper at every 1/4” and after folding I attached the ends to create a circle.  To finish just flatten and adhere the rosette to circle of cardstock.  I also adhere a circle over the top for extra sturdiness.  Once the adhesive dries just decorate and attach to a tag base!

ChristmasTags2011_Pinwheels_Single

The stocking and hat images were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers.  I added just a touch of glitter to the stockings using a Red Copic Spica pen.  I then cut the images out and added White Liquid Appliqué to the fuzzy parts.

ChristmasTags2011_Pinwheels_Closeup

For the tag base I used more of the Nordic Holiday designer paper and accented it with some delicious pleated satin ribbon and Cherry Divine Twine.  These tags ended up with a ton of dimension due to the rosettes but I LOVE ‘em.  Going to be difficult to part with these ones! :)

ChristmasTags2011_Pinwheels_SideView

Don’t forget – check back on Saturday to see the final set! :)  And for those of you ready to see something other than tags – I do have plans to make something other than tags soon - plenty of card and other 3D project ideas in the works! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Hangin’ Out – At the North Pole and Tag… You’re It (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), red, green, Nordic Holiday designer (Basic Grey), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Red Copic Spica Pen.
Accessories: Cherry Bakers Twine (Divine Twine) – available at Ribbon Carousel, Burgundy Pleated Satin Ribbon (May Arts) – available at Ribbon Carousel, Tiny Twinkles (TE), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Label punch and jumbo eyelets (SU!), Liquid Appliqué, foam dimensional tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, 1 1/4” and 1 3/8” circle punches (SU!).

6 comments:

  1. Love these Danielle! The pinwheel is totally awesome and love all of your crafty tags. You are so inspiring and love your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo adorable, Danielle!! I love your pinwheels! I've always wanted to try them, and I love how they look on your tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags! I love all the layers and details1
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tags... Always so beautiful..Just makes you want to buy a gift so you can put one of your AWESOME tags on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I'm going to have to try one of these pinwheels!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)