Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just a Little Spooky

Hello!  So, guess what kind of card I have to share today?!  LOL – yes, another Halloween one.  Sorry! ;)

SpookySweetSundaySketch

I must have been in the mood for sketch challenges this week because the layout for this card came from Karen Giron’s Sweet Sunday Sketch posted on Sunday.  You can see the challenge details HERE.  I took a bit of liberty with the middle panel by changing it to a die cut shape instead of a simple rectangle like in the sketch. Just a smidge. ;)

SSSC139

To accent the main image I used a couple of Copic Spica Pens to hi-light the band on the hat and the spooky cobweb.  I also added itty bitty dots along the perimeter of the die cut shape using a Silver Copic Spica Pen… it was looking a tad bit too naked for me. ;)  Mr. Ghosty was coated with Glossy Accents just because I wanted to.  I created a mini banner using Swimming Pool Doodle Twine and little flags cut from cardstock using the Nested Pennants die set from Spellbinders.

SpookySweetSundaySketch_Closeup

Recipe:
Stamps: Spooky A la Carte (TE).
Paper: Certainly Celery and Basic Black (SU!), Aqua Mist (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Monster Mania designer (Doodlebug).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Silver and Turquoise Copic Spica Pens.
Accessories: Swimming Pool Doodle Twine (Doodlebug), orange buttons, Glossy Accents (Ranger), foam dimensionals, black satin ribbon (May Arts), Nested Pennants Dies (Spellbinders).

1 comment:

  1. I really like this Danielle! the colors are nice and bold and I love the take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)