Tuesday, October 11, 2011

RCC24: I Believe in a Sparkly Santa

RCC Weekly Challenge Icon

The Ribbon Carousel Challenge (RCC24) is brought to us by the amazingly talented Sparkle Smith! Sparkle (aka Sparks) wants us to get our sparkle and bling on. So make your creation with some sparkle and/or bling to join us this week. 

Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings, anything will work! ** Just be sure to include ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool) somewhere on your creation. **  Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for all of the details and to see more fabulous samples from the design team.

IBelieveInSantaRuby_DLounds

For my card I used the sweet Christmas Tree Ruby stamp from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut out.  I added touches of Buttermilk Copic Spica pen to the star and highlighted her bows, earrings and the stars on the tree with Illuminate Smooch.  I added Glossy Accents to the garland, bulbs and tree topper… but only added glitter to the garland.

For the card base I layered strips of designer paper on a piece of cardstock and then trimmed to size (you can’t see the cardstock).  I then rounded the corners, layered on red cardstock and stitched the edges.  I added a sentiment stamped on Naturals Ivory cardstock and a few little rhinestones to the upper left corner.

IBelieveInSantaRuby_Closeup1_DLounds

For my ribbon treatment I tied Basque Red vintage seam binding around the panel and tied a bow.  After trimming the bow ends I stuck to tree pins through the knot.  Some foam dimensional tape and a bit more cardstock and the card was assembled.

IBelieveInSantaRuby_Closeup2_DLounds 

What do you think?  Enough sparkle on this one? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Christmas Tree Ruby (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps), Anna Wight – North Pole Post (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: 12 Days of Christmas Project Pantry Kit (TE), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica Pens, white gel pen.
Accessories: Illuminate Smooch (Clearsnap), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (MS), foam dimensionals, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Basque Red Vintage Seam Binding (Ribbon Carousel), Tiny Twinkles (TE), stick pins (Maya Road).

1 comment:

  1. OHHH! This is just too cute! I LOVE this image and I LOVE your coloring!! Fab use of sparkles;) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)