October Release At a Glance
- We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 6th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
- Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate. Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day! Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please. Comments close Wednesday 10/5 at 7pm PST for the drawings.
Today we are featuring Woodland Winter, Banner Holiday, Moka Betty, Moka Hope, Snow A la Carte.
For my first card I used the delightfully fun Woodland Winter. This set features the cutest little critters to create the most wonderful Winter and holiday scenes! This is a full sized set on a 5.75" x 8.5" full color sturdy storage panel and consists of 21 images and sentiments. The set was illustrated by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink Collection. Oh, and there is a coordinating die set: Trim the Tree which consists of 8 dies to create Christmas trees and woodland scenes.
For my wintery scene I used cardstock and designer paper from one of two new Project Pantry kits that are being released this month: 12 Days Project Pantry. To create the scene I stamped the deer on Choice Buttercream cardstock, colored and cut out. I added a bit of Glossy Accents and glitter to the hat. I stamped the tree image twice on the Choice Buttercream cardstock and cut out with the matching die. I then stamped the tree again on some of the designer paper, cut out with scissors and pieced onto the die cut trees. I colored the trunks and added a bit of green shading using Copic markers. To finish I added some Tiny Twinkle rhinestones. :)
The 12 Days Project Pantry Basic Recipe Kit is $11.95 and includes:
My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 pad
12 sheets of 8.5" x 11" cardstock in coordinating colors
6 yards of ribbon (2 yards each of 3 different styles)
Optional Spice it Up Ingredients (choose any or all) are:
- Christmas Button Mix
- Doodlebug Holiday Brads
- Rockin' Pink Sparkly Fluff
- Rhinestones (Red, Split Pea, Island Lagoon)
- Coordinating Copic Markers
- Additional Cardstock Pack
- Additional Ribbon Bundle
Next up is my card using the new Moka Hope. Hope is a petite set on 3" x 5" full color sturdy storage panel and includes 7 images and sentiments for $7.95. It was designed and illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Moka Collection.
And Moka Hope is an extra special Moka! October is breast cancer awareness month and TE will donate $1 from the sale of each Moka Hope set to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
For my card I stamped Moka Hope on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added some shimmer to the banner with Sassy Pink Smooch.
A bit of pretty My Mind’s Eye designer paper, some pretty Prima flowers and a bit of ribbon are the finishing touches for the card. The main panel was die cut with a Labels 18 Nestabilities die and embossed with the Lots of Dots Impression Plate.
Now that you have stopped by and checked out my projects how about visiting the rest of the design team? I’m sure they will have some delightful projects to share!
- Charmaine Ikach
- Danielle Lounds
- Jami Sibley
- Jen Shults
- Jodi Collins
- Karen Giron
- Karen Motz
- Melissa Sauls
- Melody Rupple
- Regina Mangum
- Sankari Wegman
- Taylor VanBruggen
- Tori Wild
- Wanda Guess
Stamps: Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), 12 Days Project Pantry Kit (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal fine glitter, Tiny Twinkles (TE), brads (SU!).
Moka Hope Stamps
Paper: Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Lost and Found 2 – Blush (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Scattered Straw Distress Ink (Ranger), Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Sassy Pink Smooch (Clearsnap), flowers (Prima), ribbon and twine (May Arts), large oval punch (SU!), Labels 18 Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Lots of Dots Impression Plate (TE).