October Release At a Glance
- We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 6th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
- Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate. Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day! Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please. Comments close Wednesday 10/5 at 7pm PST for the drawings.
Today we are featuring two new stamp sets: Totally Tags and Peaceful Poinsettia. For my project today I used the Totally Tags stamp set to create a quick set of tags. Of course these cute tags needed a handy dandy storage container so I also decorated a matching tin using the Banner Holiday set debuted yesterday.
Totally Tags Holiday is the perfect set for making quick and fun holiday tags! The set is full sized and comes on a 5.75" x 8.5" full color sturdy storage panel and consists of of 9 tag images – all for $21.95! This set is the latest addition to the Whimsical Wishes line by Nancy McKinney. Oh – and to make things even easier there is a coordinating set of dies to cut out the tag images: Totally Tags Taylored Die Set. The die set consists of three dies.
For my card I used the standard shaped tag die to cut out the images after stamping. For extra sturdiness I layered the die cut tags on black cardstock and trimmed with my scissors. A bit of coloring, a touch of Smooch, an eyelet and ribbon (from the 12 Days Project Pantry) and my tags were finished: super fast!
For storing the tags I decided to alter a tin I’ve had in my collection for a while (you can purchase these tins from the TE store HERE). All of the cardstock, papers and ribbon are from the 12 Days Project Pantry Kit. I also used a tree die from the Trim the Tree die set that we peeked yesterday to cut a tree out of green felt (which was then decorated with Tiny Twinkles). And the sentiment is from the new Banner Holiday stamp set (also peeked yesterday but this is my first post to use it).
Some details on the Banner Holiday set I used. It is chock full of holiday sentiments which are great on their own but they also coordinate with the popular It’s a Banner Day 1, 2, and 3 die sets originally concepted by Iwona Palamountain (I used the Banner Day 1 die for my label). This mini set was designed and illustrated by Taylor VanBruggen for the *te* collection and comes on a sturdy 4.75" square CD sized full color panel. It includes 15 holiday sentiments and will cost just $12.95.
I used the same project pantry kit for yesterday’s post but in case you missed the details here they are again (I LOVE this kit – the colors are fabulous).
The 12 Days Project Pantry Basic Recipe Kit is $11.95 and includes:
My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 pad
12 sheets of 8.5" x 11" cardstock in coordinating colors
6 yards of ribbon (2 yards each of 3 different styles)
Optional Spice it Up Ingredients (choose any or all) are:
- Christmas Button Mix
- Doodlebug Holiday Brads
- Rockin' Pink Sparkly Fluff
- Rhinestones (Red, Split Pea, Island Lagoon)
- Coordinating Copic Markers
- Additional Cardstock Pack
- Additional Ribbon Bundle
If you take a close look you will notice that the background panel for the main image was actually adhered to the inside of the tin. The open window on the top of the tin lets you peek into the inside… but in this case I covered most of it with designer paper with just a bit of the opening showing along the edges. I also added some cardstock to the inside bottom. Final result… a package for my tags that could than be used as a gift package itself once the tags are all gone! :)
Now that you have stopped by and checked out my projects how about visiting the rest of the design team? I’m sure they will have some delightful projects to share!
Stamps: Banner Holidays, Totally Tags (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Kraft, Black (SU!), 12 Days Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: ribbon from the kit, twine (May Arts), Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Smooch (ClearSnap), silver eyelets (American Crafts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Labels Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensional tape, Tiny Twinkles, Totally Tags Die Set, Trim the Tree Die Set and Banner Day 1 Die (Taylored Expressions), tin.