Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Witchy Kitty is on the Prowl

Meow!  Ready for a bit more Halloween fun?  I still have a couple of stamps that need some loving before the 31st arrives so here is another one.  This time I used a fun image by Impression Obsession that I picked up at a stamp show in August.

WickedHalloween_GreenMoon

I stamped the main image three times cutting out different elements from each.  First layer was stamped on white and the circle (moon) was cut out leaving a bit of edge showing.  Second layer was stamped on green designer paper and again just the circle/moon portion was cut out – this time cutting on the line. After adhering to the first layer dots of Silver Liquid Pearls were added.  Third layer was stamped on white card stock and after coloring with Copic markers the cat on the broom and stars were cut out leaving a bit of edge.  After adhering to the first two layers with dimensionals a coating of Illuminate Smooch was added to the stars, ribbon wrapped around the broom and portions of the witch’s hat.

WickedHalloween_GreenMoon_Closeup

The designer paper is from the Happy Halloween line by Echo Park… from last year so I’m not sure if anyone is still selling it.  To complement the image and paper I used some yummy pleated satin ribbon by May Arts and yet more Divine Twine.  A few buttons and brads from Basic Grey and my card was complete (well… after some stitching with my sewing machine).

WickedHalloween_GreenMoon_Closeup2

Hmm… turns out I had more Halloween stamps than I thought.  But never fear – I won’t be sharing that many more Halloween projects as I can only do so many before I too am sick of ‘em! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Witchy Kitty (Impression Obsession), Hangin’ Out – Wicked Wardrobe (TE).
Paper: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Naturals White (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Happy Halloween designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, purple Copic Spica pen.
Accessories: Illuminate Smooch (Clearsnap), Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Satin pleated ribbon (May Arts), Plum Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), brads and buttons (Basic Grey), foam dimensional tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)