Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wish Upon a Star

Hi all,

I’m popping in with a colorful Christmas card to share with you today!  I used a cute angel image from the Whipper Snapper cling set: Spirit of Christmas and paired it with some gloriously bright Santa’s Workshop designer paper.

WishUponAStar_Colorful

I colored the sweet angel with Copic Markers and then painted portions of the image with Smooch.  I was in the mood to add a touch of shabbiness so I distressed edges and sprayed some Glimmer Mist on the background of the main image.  I added a few fun accents such as vintage seam bindng, rhinestones, a clear heart and a clothespin.  I’ve had those little wooden pins for almost a year and hadn’t used a single one… sigh… I over organized and forgot I had ‘em! ;)

WishUponAStar_Colorful_Closeup

That is it for me today.  My big project is done but I need to take pictures of it… which means I need to find a good location with plenty of light to hang it first.  But soon… I will be sharing it! ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Spirit of Christmas – Anna Wight cling set (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Naturals White (SU!), Kraft (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Santa’s Workshop (Doodlebug).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: Gold Lame, Shabby Pink, Pool and Lettuce Smooch (ClearSnap), Snow Angel Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), ghost heart (Heidi Swapp), mini jewels (Doodlebug), Mini clothespin, foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, edge distressing tool, Dresden Blue Vintage seam binding (Ribbon Carousel).

2 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love the colors and how you painted portions of the image with Smooch. I have seen Smooch for sale at the store but was never brave enough to buy some. Well now that I see how pretty it is, I may just have to go out and get some. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout. loooove the little extras you added.....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)