Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An Owl, a Tree and a Birthday!

Hi all – I’m checking in with a birthday card I made using the Love Grows Here stamp set from Taylored Expressions.  It is chock full of fun tree images that are so much fun to color. :)

OwlInATree_HB

I stamped the image on Choice Buttercream cardstock and colored with Copic Markers.  I added a touch of Glossy Accents and glitter to the little owl.  I cut the scene out using a Wonky Rectangles die, sponged the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink and then added Buttercream Liquid Pearls.  I kept the layout simple and just added a length of shimmery yellow ribbon, a few rhinestones and a little resin flower.  Nicey Nice!

OwlInATree_HB_Closeup

Recipe:
Stamps: Love Grows Here (TE).
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Buttercream (TE), Sidewalks designer (October Afternoon).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Scattered Straw Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents and Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), glitter (MS), ribbon (TE), flower (Webster Pages), rhinestones (KaiserCraft), foam tape (TE).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really stunning! I'm usually just lurking but will do better to leave comments! Wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing all your lovely creations! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)