Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ringing in the Holidays

Hi all – so my big project I’ve been working on has had a set back.  When they say a cookie sheet is non-stick they really mean it!  Even primer doesn’t stick to it! ;)  So while the paint dries… again… I have a different project to share.  This card features the Holiday Emily stamp from Sparkles Creations.

HolidayEmily_RingingInChristmas

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic Markers.  I added a touch of green Copic Spica pen to the leaves, Glossy Accents to the bell, and Glossy Accents with glitter to the candy cane and holly berries.  I cut the image out with a Circle Nestabilities die and sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  The designer papers are Nordic Holiday by Basic Grey and some older polka dot paper from Bo Bunny.

HolidayEmily_RingingInChristmas_Closeup

To complete the look I used some Eggshell vintage seam binding and a few glittery candy dots… and of course a bit of stitching using my sewing machine.  Well, I’m off to stare at wet paint… it dries faster that way, right? ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Holiday Emily (SCRS), Pure Innocence – Stocking Girl (MFT).
Paper: Garden Green (SU!), Scarlet Jewel and Kraft (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers).
Accessories: Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cream glitter candy dots (Pebbles), Glossy Accents (Ranger), glitter (Martha Stewart), Eggshell vintage seam binding (Ribbon Carousel), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, Bracket Tab Die-namics (MFT).

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)