Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SSSC143: Blessings

Hello!  How are you all doing today?  I’m still working on my big project (paint dries so slowly) but I did find some time to make this sunny card using the new Thankful stamp set from Taylored Expressions and this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch: SSSC143.  I did turn the sketch on its side but otherwise I stayed true to the layout. :)

SSSC143_BlessedSunflowers

Details – I stamped the flower and vase from the set in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I then trimmed the image and added a touch of Gold Lame and Lettuce Smooch to the flowers.  For a backdrop I layered a piece of Everyday Flair designer paper on Kraft cardstock and added Bisque Liquid Pearls.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of Kraft cardstock, trimmed and then adhered it over the vase.

SSSC143_BlessedSunflowers_Closeup

No stitching on this one today.  Instead I went for the clean look.  Hope you enjoyed it! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Thankful (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Naturals White (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Everyday Flair designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Gold Lame and Lettuce Smooch (Clearsnap), button (Basic Grey), Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Bon Bon DoodleTwine (DoodleBug), Ivory V-Striped Ribbon (May Arts – available at Ribbon Carousel), foam dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute Danielle! I love the sunny feel of the papers and the gold lame sunflowers! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danielle, this is SO gorgeous. I see your art comes to you through G-d as well. Blessings to you Sweetheart! It is nice to know a woman who understands how my own creativity is found. I so love your brilliant and fresh and alive colors on this! The Sun. I didn't look where you live hunny bunny, but I am sad we are going into winter (ontario outside of Toronto) and hope for lots of sun. The twine is wonderful again the paper and I love the craft with the sentiment. I really enjoy the use of the simple with the spectacular. You've done that in my one person's opinion. Divine Love, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the liquid pearls. I've always wanted to try that product!

    Aman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)