December Release At a Glance
- It's Petite-a-Palooza as we introduce A DOZEN new Petite stamp sets, plus one new A la Carte, from every stamp collection available at Taylored Expressions.
- Tuesday is Calendar Day as we showcase FOUR new TE calendar products - all perfect for gift giving!
- Wednesday is Card Kit Day as we introduce FOUR new Taylored Card Kits available just in time for the holidays!
- All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
- Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
For today’s sneak peek I am featuring one of the new Perpetual Occasions Calendars and two new petite stamps sets: Apple Wreath and Snowflake Wreath! We are also featuring Strawberry Wreath, Moka Kristie, Moka Nora and the Happy New Year a la Carte today and you can see samples using these sets on the other designers’ blogs. :)
With the Perpetual Occasions Calendar you can go simple or wildly embellished, cute or elegant, keep it for yourself or give it as a gift - it's all up to you. And the best part is that you'll keep this creation for years to come as it tracks birthdays, anniversaries and other re-occurring special occasions. The calendar is a wallet friendly $6.95. The calendar has full length pages for each month and then a page (again, for each month) that is shorter and acts as a calendar topper that you can decorate for each month. There are also front and back covers which I decorated using some yummy October Afternoon designer paper, a bit of ribbon and one of the new Viva Decor Pearl pens. The “Celebrate” sentiment is from the Snowflake Wreath set. :)
I haven’t finished all of the pages in my calendar but I do have two of them to share. I used the new Snowflake Wreath for January and the new Apple Wreath for September. Both sets are petite sized and were illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line of stamps: Apple Wreath is a set of 5 for $7.95 and is perfect for apple picking time, back to school and to celebrate Fall. Snowflake Wreath is a set of 7 for $7.95 and is perfect throughout the Winter months as well as another great option for Christmas cards and decorations.
I decorated each of the toppers with more of the October Afternoon designer paper and vellum that was embossed using the Scallops & Circles Impression Plate. For January I stamped the Winter Wreath in Deep Lagoon, die cut with the coordinating Seasonal Wreath die and finished by embellishing with Crystal Twinkles.
And get this, Taylored Expressions has a wreath set perfect for each month of the year. If you too would like to make a wreath calendar, here is a helpful list of suggested stamps for each month:
- January - Snowflake Wreath (NEW) or 4th of July Wreath colored for Winter/New Year's
- February - Wreath of Love
- March - Wreath of Luck
- April - Spring Wreath
- May - Strawberry Wreath (NEW)
- June - Summer Wreath
- July - 4th of July Wreath
- August - Sunflower Wreath
- September - Apple Wreath (NEW)
- October - Spooky Wreath
- November - Autumn Wreath
- December - Wreaths of Joy
For September, here is the Apple Wreath which I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black before die cutting and coloring with Copic markers. I did the ribbon treatment a bit differently on this one. I tried to keep my layering to a minimum so my calendar wouldn’t be too bulky… lol. We’ll see if I succeeded with that when I finish the other 10 pages.
Ready to see more awesome calendars? Then visit these talented ladies:
- Charmaine Ikach
- Danielle Lounds
- Jen Shults
- Jodi Collins
- Karen Giron
- Lori Craig
- Melissa Sauls
- Melody Rupple
- Regina Mangum
- Sankari Wegman
- Taylor VanBruggen
- Tori Wild
- Wanda Guess
Stamps: Apple Wreath and Snowflake Wreath (TE).
Paper: Vellum, Early Espresso and Real Red (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Sidewalks designer (October Afternoon).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Deep Lagoon Fluid Chalk (ColorBox), Copic markers.
Accessories: Perpetual Calendar and Tiny Twinkles (TE), crocheted trim (May Arts), ribbon, Light Blue Pearl Pen (Viva), Scallops & Circles Impression Plate (TE), Seasonal Wreath die (TE), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, brad.
Some links for the products from the TE Store that I used to decorate my calendar:
Here are the dies that I used from Taylored Expressions: