Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks Day 2: Dancing Among the Trees

November2011ReleasePostBanner

November Release At a Glance

  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, November 3rd at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please. Comments close Wednesday 11/2 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

Today we are debuting the following stamp sets: Love Grows Here, Life is a Dance, Moka Morgana, and Moka Katie.  TE stamp sets are made from high quality deeply etched rubber and come pre-cut and mounted on EZ Mount.  To use, all you need to do is take the stamp off the storage panel and mount on an acrylic block.  Stamp sets are packaged on a full color panel.  Full size stamp sets are on a 5.75" x 8.5" panel, mini set panels are on a 4.75" square (CD size) panel and petite sets are on a 3" x 5" panel.

My first card today uses the Love Grows Here stamp set.  LGH was illustrated by our newest illustrator, Emily Burger, and is the first set in her new collection called Embracing Grace. This darling set includes seven tree vignettes for year-round fun and versatility! This is a full sized set and includes a total of 18 images.

I’m a huge fan of trees and this set will be seeing a lot of use in my craft room… especially since most of the images are great to use year round and the set comes with a bunch of fabulous sentiments!

LGHTuesdayDanielleLounds

I stamped the tree with flowers on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I then cut out with a Labels Nestabilities die.  Leaving the die in place, I masked the tree and flowers and airbrushed the background with a B34 Copic marker. Once dry I removed the die and masks and added Bisque Liquid Pearls along the edges.  I then layered the image on Early Espresso cardstock and used my scissors to cut around the edges to create a matted look.

LGHTuesdayDanielleLounds_Closeup

My second card uses Life is a Dance.  This sweet mini set was designed to coordinate with Moka Morgana, but the wonderful sentiments along with the dreamy dance images make it a great set all on its own! Like the Mokas, this set was Illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line.  It includes a total of nine images.

I have two left feet so I wasn’t sure about this set at first, but then I stamped and played a bit with the images and now I’m in LOVE.  I heart that little dress and it is so much fun to paper piece!  I think I could just sit in my stamp room and paper piece little dresses all day long! ;)

LIADTuesdayDanielleLounds

If you haven’t guessed I paper pieced the majority of the dress image.  I did the skirt twice – it is hard to see in the pictures but there is an underskirt layer there. Maybe if you stare at it wonky-eyed you will be able to tell. ;)  I added just a touch of shading to the dress using Copic markers and added a touch of glitter to the rosettes on the dress using a Pink Copic Spica pen.  Such a cute image… can you picture it in shades of red and/or green to make a Christmas outfit?  I think that would be sweet!

LIADTuesdayDanielleLounds_Closeup

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my cards today.  For more delightful creations take a look at what the following talented designers are sharing today:

Hello Tree Recipe:
Stamps: Love Grows Here (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory(SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Times and Seasons designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: twill (TE), twine (May Arts), Labels Nestabilities (Spellbinders), button, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, air compressor, Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger), circle punch (EK Success), brads (Recollections).

Dance Recipe:
Stamps: Life is a Dance (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Pale Plum, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), A Beautiful Life (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Vintage Seam Binding (RC), flower (Webster Pages), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, air compressor, Musical Swirls Impression Plate (TE).

musicalswirlspackaging

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the pink blossoms on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome colors...very great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE your paper piecing of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper-pieced dress is beautiful. I love the cool blues and greens of the other card and the way the tree POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two darling and perfect cards, Danielle! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your tree, the colours are gorgeous together. And a wonderfully girly card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HATE it when you do that....I didn't think I needed that impression plate....but NOOOOO...you just HAD to use it in a way that makes me NEED it! Sheesh!! (oh, love the cards by the way...as always fabby!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards!! The coloring/ airbrushing of the treeis fabulous!!! Love the purples on your dancing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just gorgeous Danielle! I love everything about that first card and I LOVE your paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The paper pieced dress is lovely and how the tree pops is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (uh oh, unlucky number 13 - phooey!) I LOVE how you colored the tree Danielle! The shading and liquid pearl dots around the edges are beautiful! And I really admire your purple card - I am not much of a 'purple person' and rarely design with the color so when I see a pretty card made with it, it really stands out in my mind.
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart that little dress too- pretty work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are beautiful!! Love the colours and designs. Esp the Dancer card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is gorgeous! looove the touch of blue and the layout rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)