Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TE Sneak Peeks Day 2: Sky’s the Limit

December2011ReleasePostBannerteal December Release At a Glance

  • It's Petite-a-Palooza as we introduce A DOZEN new Petite stamp sets, plus one new A la Carte, from every stamp collection available at Taylored Expressions.
  • Tuesday is Calendar Day as we showcase FOUR new TE calendar products - all perfect for gift giving!
  • Wednesday is Card Kit Day as we introduce FOUR new Taylored Card Kits available just in time for the holidays!
  • All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.

 HelloHotAirBalloon_DLounds

I’m back today with a card I made using the new Sky’s the Limit petite stamp set and the MME Happier card kit.  Sky’s the Limit is the newest addition to the Embracing Grace stamp line illustrated by Emily Burger.  This set contains 9 rubber images and 3 dies.  It is uplifting and super cute. New for TE, the dies and stamps come together as one set!  Like all TE sets this one is made from rubber and comes already trimmed and mounted on cling cushion.

The new MME Happier card kit is one of four new card kits!  Each kit includes: 10 solid colored cardstock card bases,10 neutral cardstock image panels, envelopes, patterned paper, ribbon, KaiserCraft rhinestones or pearls.  All of these supplies are packaged in one of the new Petite Storage Cases. Kits are $14.95 each. These kits and one of the new petite stamp sets would make a great gift! 

I used the kit and the stamp set to create a delightful hello card.  The only things I needed in addition to the kit and set was a Rose Paper Pen, a couple of Copic markers, a black ink pad, Scallop Oval and Oval Nestabilities dies, my sewing machine and a few dimensionals.  I also used a white card base but that was from habit… I almost always use a neutral and it is a hard habit to break but there is plenty of cardstock included in the kit that can be used instead. ;)

HelloHotAirBalloon_DLounds_Closeup I stamped the swirly hot air balloon from the set on a piece of the designer paper and on Choice Snow White cardstock.  I die cut the white piece and then paper pieced the balloon portion from the designer paper.  I then did just a bit of coloring using green and light brown Copic markers.  There are also a couple of tiny cloud dies included and I cut those from white cardstock too.

PetiteStampCaseForPartsStorage

I wanted to share a picture of one of the Petite Storage Cases.  Each case will hold 6 Petite stamps sets so they are great for storing all of your mini sets from Taylored Expressions.  However I discovered over Thanksgiving that they are GREAT for transporting bits and pieces for crafty projects. :)  I had cut all my pieces for the tags I was making for last Friday’s TE Tag Hop but needed something to carry them in while traveling and decided to give the storage cases a try… and they were perfect!  I also used a second case to hold the 17 different Copic markers I was using on the tags… AWESOME.  So, not only will I need to buy some of these for my petite stamp sets I’m going to have to order a few more to keep my work-in-progress card projects organized. :)

Ready to see more sweet projects featuring the new card kits? Then visit these talented ladies:

Recipe:
Stamps: Sky’s the Limit (TE).
Paper: cardstock and designer paper from MME Happier Card Kit (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: ribbon from MME Happier Card Kit (TE), Rose Decor Paper Pen (Viva), Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. Goodness girl! This card is so stinkin' cute! LOVE the colors and your fabulous balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOO bright and fun Danielle! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and great tips for storing in the new cases !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Wonderful colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, Danielle. Hard to believe it is a kit. Love the Sky's the Limit stamp set. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable, Danielle! And I love the tip about using the cases for transporting your project! HOw cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Those tiny clouds are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)