Welcome to the Taylored Expressions Black Friday Tag Hop!!! We're celebrating the biggest shopping day of the year with a Tag Hop and a HUGE SALE!
- Hop around for tons of inspiration for your holiday tag making. Link list below.
- One lucky customer will win a set of 10 tags (one each of the tags featured in today's hop.) Everyone who places an order at Taylored Expressions Friday - Monday (11/25 - 11/28) and writes "I want those tags!" in the comments section of the order form will be entered to win. The winner will be announced on Taylor's blog on Tuesday 11/29.
- Introducing Tags & Tag-a-longs so you can quickly and easily create your own tags inspired by today's samples.
- Black Friday Sale - enter coupon code BLACKFRIDAY2011 on any order Friday through Monday to save 10-30% off your entire order! HURRY! The earlier you shop, the MORE you SAVE! Details on the TE Store homepage.
For my set of holiday tags I used the Woodland Winter stamp set and coordinating die set to make a rustic winter tag! I created a mini scene using the owl and branch from the set. I stamped each image on Choice Buttercream cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out. I added Glossy accents to the eyes and hat and a bit of glitter to the hat too.
I used one of the new Viva Pearl Pens to add dots of light blue behind the owl/branch scene. These pens are delightful and I love the colors (there are plenty to choose from). What is neat is that there are both pearl finishes and a more opaque matte finish (the paper pens). They go on smooth and are as easy to use as the Liquid Pearls and the pens are big… so you can make lots and lots of dots! :)
Behind the main scene is a tree that I diecut from green felt using the Trim the Trees die set. I matted Lost and Found Breeze designer paper on cardstock (Kraft on some and dark brown on others) and stitched the edges with heavy duty white thread. I then added a piece of fabric tape – I used some brown gingham. You can see similar fabric tapes in the store HERE. I was really in the mood for gingham when I made these tags! ;)
The base tag is a one of the fabulous die cut tags you can order from the store and I added Cool Metal Eyelets. Through the eyelet I added a length of brown gingham ribbon and tied it in place using Bubble Blue Doodle Twine. I attached a “Happy Winter” sentiment to the tag by using a small jump ring looped through the twine.
Taylor is now carrying the jumbo eyelets!!! She even made up kits of the Tags and embellishments called Tags & Tag-a-longs. The kits hold everything you need to make your own fabulous tags! :)
- Taylor VanBruggen
- Jami Sibley
- Karen Giron
- Charmaine Ikach
- Jen Shults
- Jodi Collins
- Lori Craig
- Melody Rupple
- Danielle Lounds (that’s me!)
- Sankari Wegman
Stamps: Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Kraft, Dark Brown, Choice Buttercream, Lost & Found – Breeze designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Cool Metal jumbo eyelets, Corner Chomper, Crop-a-dile (We R Memory Keepers), green felt, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, jump ring, foam dimensional tape, Glossy Accents (Ranger), glitter, fabric tape, brown gingham ribbon (May Arts), Bubble Blue Doodle Twine (Doodlebug), Light Blue Pearl Pen (Viva), Trim the Tree dies (Taylored Expressions).