Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthday Balloons!

Hello crafty friends!

How about a crafty project that isn’t winter or Christmas themed?  Maybe something cheerful and uplifting? :)  I think this card will do the trick:

UpAndAwayBirthday

I used oodles of designer paper from the Sidewalks pad from October Afternoon and the recently released Sky’s the Limit stamp/die set from Taylored Expressions.  I stamped the large hot air balloon on Choice Snow White cardstock and cut out with the matching die. I then paper pieced the balloon portion with a piece of the designer paper and highlighted the swirls using a Copic marker.  The die set also has a couple of itty bitty clouds that I also cut from Choice Snow White cardstock.  For the background I cut a circle using a Lacey Circles Nestabilities die and stamped a sentiment from it in black ink.  I added dots of Light Blue around the outside edges using a Viva Decor Pearl pen.

UpAndAwayBirthday_CloseupOfBow

I accented the main image with some twill ribbon that I tied into a bow.  I added a couple of little heart stick pins through the knot.  To keep the pointy ends from poking anyone I dabbed a bit of Glossy Accents to the tips.  No more ouchy ouchies!

UpAndAwayBirthday_CloseupOfBalloon

That is it for me tonight but I should be back soon with a … tag!  One inspired by the twelve tags of Christmas that Tim Holtz has been making. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Sky’s the Limit (TE).
Paper: Pink, Blue, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Sidewalks designer (October Afternoon).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic marker.
Accessories: Stick pins (Maya Road), Light Blue Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), twill (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable Danielle! I need a bit of bright and sunny today and I have to say this card makes me smile! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw, how cute! It's really a fun card, thanks for sharing :D
    Sunny greetings from grey and stormy Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)