Tuesday, December 13, 2011

RCC33: Tangled Twine

 blank Challenge icon

Danielle Daws, one of our resident CAS geniuses, is challenging you to use some twine on your creation this week! Any kind of twine is fine, just be sure to add some to your creation!  And who better to sponsor a twine challenge than Whisker Graphics Divine Twine!

whisker graphics header[5]

For my project this week I made another set of gift tags.  I think I might need some help kicking the tag habit and getting back to making cards.  Although it isn’t life threatening so I’m not too worried!RCC33Challenge_4Group_DLounds

To decorate the tags I used the fun snowflake set: Winter Wonderland from Taylored Expressions.  There is a matching die set that I used to cut out the main snowflake.  I also used some yummy (sounding and looking) Brown Sugar Divine Twine and a bit of crocheted ribbon

RCC33Challenge_Single_DLounds

I stamped a snowflake in Ice Blue Fluid Chalk Ink and then die cut with a die from the Winter Wonderland Snowflakes die set.  I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then added a touch of Glossy Accents and a dusting of Crystal glitter.  Once dry I stitched a wood button to the center of the snowflake using a short length of the Brown Sugar Divine Twine. 

To decorate the tag base I stamped more snowflake images on green cardstock and layered on Early Espresso cardstock.  I used an edger punch to create a bit of scalloped trim and adhered this piece to the green mat and added a small scrap of designer paper.  I finished my stamping by adding the “No peeking!” sentiment stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.

RCC33Challenge_Closeup1_DLounds

Before adhering to the tag base with dimensionals tape I added added the crocheted trim and then wrapped the whole piece with the Brown Sugar Divine Twine and tying it into a bow.  To finish I added a metal eyelet and yet more of the same twine! :)

RCC33Challenge_Closeup2_DLounds 
Now that you have checked out my projects you can head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for all of the details on this week’s challenge and prize! Oh, and while there you can see oodles of other projects (hmmm… there might even be more TAGS!).

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: blue and green (Bazzill), Early Espresso (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Lost & Found – Christmas designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, VersaMark, Ice Blue Fluid Chalk Ink (Colorbox), Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Glitter (MS), Warm metal eyelets and Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), tag die (TE), Brown Sugar Divine Twine (Whisker Graphics), Natural Crocheted Ribbon (May Arts – available at Ribbon Carousel Shop), Winter Wonderland Snowflakes dies (TE).

4 comments:

  1. WOW! These tags have so much detail--love the glitter and that big grommet that you used at the top of the tag---great colors and papers--LOVE everything:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't kick the tag habit! You make some of the best around - so beautifully detailed and layered. Love the colors on these, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. another GREAT tag. looove the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With tags this pretty why kick the habit. :-)You are definitely the Tag Queen Danielle and I hope to CASE some of your tag creations with a link back to yours, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)