Friday, December 23, 2011

Sparkly Christmas Tree

My Christmas shopping is done and I’ve finished baking cookies so I guess I can relax.  Maybe with a few cookies and a cup of hot chocolate.  And since I’m all caught up on the holiday preparations I thought I should share a project I made a while ago but neglected to blog.

This is another tag inspired by Tim Holtz’s 12 Tags of Christmas.  I loved how he embossed a piece of metal tape, added paint and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I didn’t have the metal tape but I did have some thin sheets of metal coated paper from QuicKutz that did the trick.

2011TimTag6_TreesAndMetal

The metal sheet had adhesive backing so I applied it to a piece of white cardstock and trimmed to size before running it through my Big Shot using a Basic Grey embossing folder (by Sizzix).  I only have two paint dabbers… a green and a white one so I painted the embossed metal with those and heat set.  Once dry I used a sanding block to remove paint from the raised portions.  To finish I smooshed an Antique Linen Distress Ink pad over the entire piece and while still wet I heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.  Fun!

2011TimTag6_TreesAndMetal_MetalCloseup

I layered the metallic piece on Early Espresso cardstock and decorated using some pretty twine and ribbon and a few small wooden buttons.  I used the Winter Wonderland stamp set and matching Trim the Trees die set from Taylored Expressions to create the paper pieced tree embellishments.  I added little rhinestones to the tree so it would look decorated.

2011TimTag6_TreesAndMetal_SideView

The tag base is just a regular sized manilla tag that I sponged with Juniper Distress Ink (this is one of the 3 limited edition Holiday Distress Inks).  To finish I added a bit of ribbon through the eyelet and tied it in place using a bit more of the twine.  Me likey!  Hope you do to.

I also hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Wonderland (TE).
Paper: Manilla Tag, Early Espresso (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), kraft (PTI), designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Antique Linen and Juniper Distress Inks (Ranger).
Accessories: Trim the Tree die set (TE), Basic Grey embossing folder (Sizzix), ribbon (May Arts), twine (Doodlebug), foam dimensionals, clear embossing powder, buttons, Tiny Twinkles (TE),

2 comments:

  1. very cool, Danielle! looove how it turned out. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally terrific tag, Danielle!

    Thank you for the continuing inspiration - love the metal embossing and all of the goodness of it!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)