Thursday, January 19, 2012

Double Bows and Bold Butterflies

Hey Crafty Peeps -

Corinna at the Ribbon Carousel has been pestering asking me for quite some time for a tutorial on tying a Double Bow with a Button. ;) So I finally decided to share my secret techniques (okay, they aren’t that secret!).  You can check out the tutorial over at the Ribbon Carousel Blog… I have a couple of different techniques that I use so there are a lot of pictures. 

The following card is one I created while making the tutorial.  I made the double bow using some striped twill ribbon, ivory jute and a light green button.

ButtonyBow_ButterflyCard_DanielleLounds

I stamped two butterflies frpm the Spread Your Wings stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock.  After coloring with Copic markers I cut out and coated with Illuminate Smooch for a glittery finish.  I attached the butterflies to the card using some foam dimensional dots.

ButtonyBow_ButterflyCard_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: Spread Your Wings (There She Goes).
Paper: Naturals Ivory and Cool Caribbean (SU!), Black (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Thrift Shop designer (October Afternoon).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Illuminate Smooch (Clearsnap), Sky Blue striped twill ribbon and jute (May Arts), embossing folder (QuicKutz), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), metal brads (Recollections), button (PTI), foam dimensionals.

5 comments:

  1. I'm an admirer of your bows (tags too) and can't wait to check out that tutorial. I love this card and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is wonderful!!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo! Danielle!looove this, so pretty with that coating of shimmer. and your ribbons/bow....beautiful. I just got me some of that ribbon, not in the blue...wish I had! tfs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)