Friday, January 27, 2012

Fresh From the Oven

Happy Friday!  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?  How about doing a little baking?  Or for those who don’t bake you can always just make a card with a sweet little baker image like this darling. :D

FreshFromTheOven_DLounds

Per my usual stamping/coloring technique I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers.  After trimming the cardstock to size I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink and added Bisque Liquid Pearls.  Once dry I matted on Early Espresso cardstock and added a sentiment tab which was cut using the Bracket Tab die from MFT.

FreshFromTheOven_ImageCloseup_DLounds

For the base I cut four 2 1/8” squares of designer paper and matted on 2 1/4” squares of Early Espresso (I rounded the one corner of two of these).  I then adhered the matted squares on a red mat using foam dimensional tape.  To embellish this layer I added some V-Striped twill ribbon and a bit of jute twine.  Next I adhered the matted layers onto the card base using more of the foam dimensional tape.  For a final bit of fun I tied a button to a crocheted flower and plopped it onto the card.

FreshFromTheOven_FlowerCloseup_DLounds

Before I forget, HERE is a link to an old post I wrote up on crocheted flowers.  It has links to a couple of tutorials that I use for making the flowers I use on my cards. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Fresh From the Oven (MFT).
Paper: Naturals Ivory and Early Espresso (SU!), Pure Poppy (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Lost and Found Two – Rosy designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Crocheted Flower (made by me using DMC Pearl thread), button (SU!), jute and v-striped ribbon (May Arts), Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape, Bracket Tab die (MFT).

2 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card - your details are amazing! Thanks for the continuing inspiration and education!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)