Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

You would think that my collection of cards (aka the horde) would include oodles of birthday cards but that just isn’t the case. Oh woe is me and my inadequate card collection. ;)  So, I decided to set a goal of creating a couple of b-day cards each month and here is one for January:

BlueBirthdayCupcakes_DLounds

I stamped the cupcake stand from For the Love of Cupcakes (TE) in black ink on Choice Snow white cardstock, colored with Copic markers and then cut it out.  I stamped a matching sentiment on another square of cardstock and stitched this layer to a piece die cut with a Big Scallop Square die.  I then attached the stand with foam dimensionals.  For the base layer I matted a piece of designer paper to cardstock and stitched the edges.  Around this layer I tied a piece of ivory twill ribbon.  All of the matted layers were adhered to the card base using foam dimensional tape.

BlueBirthdayCupcakes_ImageCloseup_DLounds

The cupcakes needed a little something more so I coated the frosting with Glossy Accents.  To tie the white and beige colors together I added little dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls to the corners of the matted layers.  For a final touch I added two Crystal Trinket Pins to the twill bow.

BlueBirthdayCupcakes_RibbonCloseup_DLounds

I really like how this card turned out… into my birthday card stash it goes! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes(TE).
Paper: Naturals Ivory and Cool Caribbean (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Paper Hear designer (Crate Paper).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers.
Accessories: crystal trinket pins (Maya Road), Ivory Twill Ribbon (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Big Scalloped Squares Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensionals, Glossy Accents and Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger).

1 comment:

  1. This card is so so cute Danielle! LOVE those glossy cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)