Tuesday, January 3, 2012

RCC34: Chillin’ with the Snowman

Hello everyone! It’s a new year and I’m excited for what it will bring.  One thing that will stay the same is more challenges from the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog! :)  Today is the first challenge of the year and it is an easy one… anything goes!

RCC34

Our only request is that you use some kind of ribbon, twine or other spool-able item on your project.

Unity Stamp Co

This week’s challenge is being sponsored by the Unity Stamp Company! One lucky participant will win a little something something. Head over to the challenge blog for all of the details.

ChillinSnowman_RCC_DLounds

For my card I used a pudgy snowman from the Unity January 2011 KOM.  I stamped him on Choice Buttercream cardstock twice and die cut the first one using a Circles Nestabilities die.  I colored both with Copic markers and cut out the second image and popped it up over the first.  I added Glossy Accents to his hat and gloves and a bit glitter too!

ChillinSnowman_RCC_Closeup2_DLounds

I matted various pieces of designer paper on Kraft cardstock and added oodles of stitching.  I have to scratch my head at that one since I broke the bobbin winder on my sewing machine and only have a few filled bobbins left… so I should be taking it easy on the stitching and conserve bobbin thread but I didn’t this time! ;)

Speaking of stitching I pleated some Light Blue V-Striped ribbon and sewed it in place (more bobbin thread used!).  I then tied a length of the Center Stitched green ribbon over it.

To finish my card I spelled out “chill” using some Thickers Stickers from my stash.

ChillinSnowman_RCC_Closeup1_DLounds

Now that you have checked out my card you can head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for all of the details on this week’s challenge and prize.  While you are there you can see more fabulous samples created by the team!

Recipe:
Stamps: To the Moon & Back KOM Jan 2011 (Unity).
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Buttercream (TE), Season’s Greetings designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents and Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Light Blue V-striped ribbon and Celery Center Stitched (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Thickers (American Crafts), Crystal Glitter (MS), 2-way glue pen.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love the image, the colours and the pleated & double ribbon! So great to playing along with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors, Danielle! And I love the ribbon treatment, glittered details and the awesome liquid pearls adorning that perfectly sweet snowman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)