Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RCC36–Kiss Kiss

Hello Crafty Friends!  It is time for another Ribbon Carousel challenge and this week I am issuing a sketch challenge!

RCC36

This week’s sponsor is the fun Some Odd Girl stamp company.  They have some incredibly cute images… I had to use one of them on my card for this (and it was really hard to pick just the one!).

Some Odd Girl

I don’t make a ton of projects for Valentine’s Day but when I saw Kiss a Prince Tia I just had to use her.  It was the fat frog… I couldn’t resist. ;)

RCC_SomeOddGirl_KissingAFrog_DLounds

I printed the digi stamp on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I then cut the image out and adhered it to my card front using foam dimensionals.  For the “Kiss” sentiment I used some pretty pink fabric Thickers from American Crafts.  I ended up using some Glossy Accents to adhere the stickers to my card front… they weren’t sticking too well on their own to the embossed Kraft cardstock.

RCC_SomeOddGirl_KissingAFrog_Closeup2_DLounds

To accent the main image I added a Double Bow with a Button to the card using Rancho Red vintage seam binding, a clear button and some jute.  Hint – you may want to check out the Ribbon Carousel Blog on Thursday if you want to know how I made this. 

RCC_SomeOddGirl_KissingAFrog_Closeup_DLounds

Now that you have checked out my card you can head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for all of the details on this week’s challenge and prize. While you are there you can see more fabulous samples created by the team!

Recipe:
Stamps: Kiss a Prince Tia (Some Odd Girl).
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), other cardstock and designer paper from Valentine Project Pantry Kit (TE), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic markers.
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals, Rancho Red vintage seam binding (Ribbon Carousel), Natural Jute (May Arts), clear button (Buttons Galore), fabric letter stickers (American Crafts), embossing folder (QuicKutz).

5 comments:

  1. How cute is this little card??? LOVE your rounded corners and the color story you picked for this card! LOVE that image too--great coloring! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love the image, and your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Love the red ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! great sketch....getting stampy with it in a few!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)