Tuesday, January 31, 2012

RCC38: Paper Pieced Coffee Swilling Bears

rcc38

Hey crafty peeps -

I’m popping in with another Ribbon Carousel Challenge! This week the wickedly funny Kim is challenging use to paper piece!  So break out your designer paper and scissors and make something cute!  Don’t forget to include some kind of twine, ribbon, jute or what not.

birdiebrown

Our sponsor this week is Birdie Brown!  The fabulous Etsy Store run by the talented Torico (she is also an illustrator for There She Goes).  The store includes oodles of sweet digital stamps.

RCC_PaperPiecing_LatteBears_DLounds

For my project today I created a set of four tags using the extremely cute Winter Bear 01. I paper pieced his sweater and hat using Piccadilly designer paper from Basic Grey.  I also used a piece of the same paper as part of the background behind the bear.

For those of you wondering how to paper piece while using a digital stamp here is what I did:

  1. Print bear image(s) on regular printer paper.
  2. Using removable adhesive, tack designer paper over the bear image.
  3. Put the ‘decorated’ paper back in printer tray of your printer.  Make sure it is facing the right way so that the bears will print in the same location as the first time through.
  4. Print a second time.

RCC_PaperPiecing_LatteBears_Single_DLounds

Note – I printed the bear yet again so that I could cut out his hands and the mug and layer that on top of the designer paper. 

To embellish my tags I used a bit of Antique Linen scalloped edge satin ribbon and added a few dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls… leading the way to the fun “Thanks a Latte” sentiment (from a TE set).  I plan on pairing the tags with some yellow or orange baker’s twine when it is time to use them. :)

RCC_PaperPiecing_LatteBears_Closeup_DLounds

That is it for me!  Be sure to head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for more samples and all the details on the challenge!  Oh… and take a gander at Torico’s Etsy store: Birdie Brown – she has some seriously cute images!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Bear 01 digital stamp (Birdie Brown), From the Heart Funnies (TE).
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso (SU!), brown tag and Choice Snow White (TE), Piccadilly designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), jumbo brad (We R Memory Keepers), Antique Gold Scalloped Edge ribbon (May Arts), foam dimensionals and foam dimensional tape.

7 comments:

  1. Danielle, I almost chose this image and now I so thankful I didn't because your little number here would have blown mine out of the water! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable coffee swillers, Danielle...your coloring is magnificent and I'm so glad to see someone who had the same affinity as me for liquid pearls! Your tags are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! That little bear is just TOOOOOOO cute! LOVE your coloring and those sweaters on the bears! TOOOO fun! GORGEOUS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just can't get any CUTER! These are some of the most adorable tags I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just can't get any CUTER! These are some of the most adorable tags I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are ADORABLE Danielle, and I love the bright cheery colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute tags! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)