Tuesday, January 3, 2012

SCRSC70: Hello!

Hello crafty friends!  I’m back with another card and a bit of exciting news.  I’m joining the crew at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps bringing you some lovely inspiration using their stamps!  I’ve been a big fan of their stamps for quite some time so it didn’t take long for me to say “yes” when Sparkle asked me to join the team!

scrsc70

For this week’s challenge we just need to use something new!  Easy peasy for me since I have a bunch of SCRS stamps that haven’t seen ink yet.  My bad! ;)  So for my card I used Autumn Rin and some new Crate Paper called Paper Heart.

SCRS70_Hello_DLounds

I stamped Rin in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Buttercream cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I’ve been practicing my hair coloring a bit.  I’m trying to get achieve a shiny spot where the light source would hit.  Ehh… still needs a bit of work but I’m happy enough this time.

SCRS70_Hello_Closeup_DLounds

I layered the designer paper on coordinating cardstock and adhered the layers together before adding satin pleated ribbon and a button with some twine.  I stamped “Hello” on more of the Aqua Mist cardstock and rounded the corners before tucking it behind the ribbon.  To finish I added a few turquoise rhinestones.

SCRS70_Hello_Closeup2_DLounds

For more fabulous samples check out the following talented designers:

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Rin (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps), Labels of Love (TE).
Paper: Aqua Mist, Poppy Red (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Paper Heart designer (Crate Paper).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Burgundy Pleated Satin (May Arts), Caribbean Twine (The Twinery), clear button, Happy Holidays Mini Jewels (Doodlebug), foam dimensionals, Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card! LOVE your ribbons and that image you used--great coloring! LOVE your papers too! LOVE everything about your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Danielle! Beautifully colored, cool lay out, and love your ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you girl, congrats!! Oh my goodness what a great gig! You rocked it...as always! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love your card! In fact I loved it so much I went the website and bought two Rin stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling, Danielle! Love how you colored her hair! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. Love all your little details and the pleated ribbon. Going in my cart now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO gorgeous Danielle! That pleated ribbon is delish with her!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)