Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SCRSC71: Birthday Wishes

Please scroll down to the next post for my card for this week’s Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

I’m back with another card today.  This time for Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps!

scrsc71

For this week’s challenge we have a great new sketch to use for inspiration! Sweet – that took care of half the work.  All I needed to do was figure out the color scheme and stamp set to use!  Since I really need to add some birthday cards to my collection I decided I should ink up Cupcake Ruby.

SCRSC71_BirthdayWishes_DanielleLounds

I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White and colored with Copic markers.  I tried my hand at making her hair Strawberry Blond using YR21, YR24 and YR14.  I like how it turned out… a bit bright but pretty!  I added a touch of glimmer to portions of the picture use Pool and Illuminate Smooches.

SCRSC71_BirthdayWishes_Closeup_DanielleLounds

For more fabulous samples check out the following talented designers:

For all the details on the challenge and to find out how to win a little something something head over to the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog.

Recipe:
Stamps: Cupcake Ruby (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps), Labels of Love (TE).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, pink, blue (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Vanity Fair designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Pool and Illuminate Smooch (ClearSnap), Pink sheer tinsel edge (May Arts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Glitter Candy Dots (Pebbles), Oval Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders).

3 comments:

  1. OHHHH! What a beautiful card! LOVE that image--I NEEEEED it immediately! LOVE the way you added glitter! BEAUTIFULLY done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling and such a yummy looking cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooooo adorable. I'm glad you showed the close up of your coloring...because it's AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)