Tuesday, February 14, 2012

RCC40: Getting Sketchy on Valentine’s Day

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! 

I’m popping in with the latest Ribbon Carousel Challenge which is to use one of my sketches as inspiration for your project!

RCC40Graphic

This week we are being sponsored by the Craft’s Meow and one lucky participant will win their choice of a stamp set.  All you need to do is play along with our challenge this week (making sure to use ribbon, twine or some other spool-able item).  Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog for all the details and to see some fabulous samples from the design team.  But before you go, check out my creation using the lovely Happy Owlentine’s Day stamp set.

RCC_PinkLoveOwl_DanielleLounds

Notice something shocking about this card?  I didn’t mat any of the layers.  Instead I went simple with my layering and only used a few embellishments, including some of my favorite twill ribbon: Natural Striped!  I did paper piece the owl and pop up his eyeballs.  Who’s got their eyes on you?  Why, the love owl does! :)

RCC_PinkLoveOwl_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Owlentine’s Day (The Craft’s Meow).
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: foam dimensional tape, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Oval Nestabilities Die (Spelllbinders), Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Natural Striped Twill Ribbon (May Arts), rhinestones.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY! What a beautiful card--love the liquid pearls! Fabulous take on this sketch! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)