Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sparkle Creations Release Day: Mr. & Mrs.

Woo Hoo!  So today is the day that all of the new Sparkle Creations rubber stamps are available for purchase!  But before you head over there to do some shopping, check out my sample for today using the new Mr. & Mrs. stamp.

MrAndMrs_YellowOrange_DanielleLounds

For my card I used all of the same papers and cardstock that I used for my card on Thursday featuring Engaged Lucy.  I just used a different layout and embellishments.  Why?  I just loved how the color scheme turned out on the first one! :) 

I stamped the cute couple in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I added a touch of Crystal Stickles to her veil – I just dabbed a bit onto the image and used my finger to spread the glitter around to create a thin layer of shimmer.  Once dry, I cut the image out using a Jumbo Scalloped Circle Nestabilities die.  I then sponged the edges with Antique Linen distress ink and added some little holes using a paper piercer.

MrAndMrs_YellowOrange_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

To embellish the card I added some Champagne vintage seam binding that I tied around the main layer in a bow.  I added a teal stick pin to the knot (tucking the pointy end under the main image – so no pokey pokey).  I also added some white pom-pom trim that I adhered in place using Best Glue Ever (seriously, that is the name of the glue).

MrAndMrs_YellowOrange_BowCloseup_DanielleLounds

Be sure to visit all rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle will be giving away Mr. and Mrs. to one lucky person! For a chance to win, you need to comment on all of the designer's blogs (listed below). Then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Mr. and Mrs. post. You have until midnight EST each day to comment. The lucky winner will be announced the following day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Mr. & Mrs. (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Naturals Ivory and Soft Sky (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Lost & Found 2 – Sunshine designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Anitque Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers and Spica pens.
Accessories: Champagne vintage seam binding (Ribbon Carousel), white pom-pom trim (American Crafts), Crystal Stickles (Ranger), paper piercer, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, Jumbo Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Howdy Doody – Lovely Pins and Buttons (My Mind’s Eye), 3/8” Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love the couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Ive blogged about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful color combo. Love the Sparkle too. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This too sweet!!! Love that image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the colors--so fun and PERFECT coloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! I love the colours, reminds me a bit of a 70's wedding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite part was the champagne coloring and embellishments. I loved that the groom wasn't in white, it made the bride shine in a special way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)