Saturday, April 21, 2012

CPS162: Doing a Little Shopping

Hello!  Hope your weekend is going great.  I’ve already been a bit busy… making a few cards, getting a haircut and doing a little shopping.  My favorite purchase today?  An Autumn Blaze maple tree.  I’m so excited to see it in all of its bright red glory in the Fall. Well, it might take a few years before that happens because it is kind of small at the moment.  Now I just need to find a spot in my yard and dig a big hole. ;)

CPS162_ShoppingEmily_DanielleLounds

Speaking of shopping I made a card for this week’s Card Patterns Sketch featuring Shopping Emily.  Sparkle Creations is sponsoring the challenge this week and there is a nice little prize package.  You can find all of the details HERE.

Sketch162

I stamped Emily in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic Markers.  I used a lot of different colors… three for her hair and four for her skin and many more for the rest of the image. I used a few Spica pens on the image and applied Glossy Accents to the sunglasses to finish.

CPS162_ShoppingEmily_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

I embellished the main panel with some Champagne Vintage Seam binding, a pink button and ivory jute.

CPS162_ShoppingEmily_BowCloseup_DanielleLounds

The sentiment is from the Taylored Expression’s Fashionista stamp set.  I didn’t have enough room to fit the sentiment that comes with Shopping Emily so I used this one instead.

CPS162_ShoppingEmily_SentimentCloseup_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: Shopping Emily (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps), Fashionista (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Whip Cream (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Soft Sky and Cool Caribbean (SU!), Delightful designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), Champagne Vintage Seam Binding (Ribbon Carousel), Ivory Jute (May Arts), flowers (Webster’s Pages), button, foam dimensional tape.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Danielle! You colored 'Emily' so beautifully.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Great colouring and great take on the Card Patterns sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)