Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hello from Above

Hello friends!  I pulled out a favorite Taylored Expressions stamp set (Sky’s the Limit) and created a bright and cheerful summer scene.

BalloonsAndClouds_DanielleLounds

I used the Clouds Border die and Tumbled Glass distress ink to create the sky background behind the balloons.  I stamped the sun image from the stamp set directly on the background, colored with Copic markers and finished with a bit of glitter.  I stamped the hot air balloons on a separate piece of white cardstock, colored and cut them out.  Before adhering to the main panel with dimensional tape I layered the panel on cardstock and added stitching.

BalloonsAndClouds_Closeup_DanielleLounds

I layered some matching designer paper on more of the Marina Mist cardstock, rounded a few corners and finished with more stitching.  I created a little “Hello” sentiment tag and finished the card with a bit of wide striped ribbon, jute, a button and a few brads.  I must admit that I really like how the cloud background gives the card a complete feeling… I really need to work on adding backgrounds to more of my cards. :)

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I’m really looking forward to this weekend and spending some time in the craft room.  Yay!

Recipe:
Stamps: Sky’s the Limit stamp/die set (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Marina Mist (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Clouds Border die (TE), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal fine glitter (MS), striped ribbon (SU!), jute (May Arts), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, button, silver brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)