Sunday, April 22, 2012

MFTWSC68: Happy Bird-day!

I’ve been on a crafty kick this weekend and made another card featuring a Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things.  This time I used You’re So Tweet and paired it with some delicious Be Happy designer paper from My Mind’s Eye.

MFTWSC68_HappyBirdday_DanielleLounds

I’ve been on a sketch challenge kick so I used this week’s My Favorite Things sketch: MFTWSC68.  Love this layout… although I did tweak it just a tiny bit.

MFTWSC68

As usual, I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Choice Snow White cardstock.  I stamped the image a second time on another piece of cardstock and yet a third time on a bit of designer paper so I could paper piece her dress.  I colored the rest of the image with Copic markers before cutting out and adhering over the first image using foam dimensionals.  I added sponging with Scattered Straw Distress ink to the main panel.  I layered each panel on Soft Sky cardstock and added stitching (after rounding a corner here and there).

Couple final notes on the main image – I used a Pink Spica pen on her barrette and the little heart.  I also added some freckles using a white gel pen.

MFTWSC68_HappyBirdday_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

For embellishment I used a couple of MFT dies.  The first is the Framed Greetings die which I used to add a sentiment tab.  I then used the Prima Donna Petals die set to create a flower from designer paper and Bubblegum felt.  For the flower center I used Sparklet Rhinestone.  Behind the flower I tied some Brown Sugar divine twine into a bow. To finish I added a few clear rhinestones here and there. :)

MFTWSC68_HappyBirdday_FlowerCloseup_DanielleLounds

Recipe
Stamps: Pure Innocence – You’re So Tweet, Framed Greetings and Die Set (MFT).
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky (SU!), Whip Cream (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Follow Your Heart – Be Happy designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Scattered Straw Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic Markers, Copic Spica Pens.
Accessories: white gel pen, Bubblegum Felt (MFT), Prima Donna Petals die set (MFT), Corner Chompers (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, Brown Sugar Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Pink Polka Dot Grosgrain (May Arts), Crimson Sparklet Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft).

3 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)