Tuesday, April 17, 2012

RCC49 Color-a-licious

Hi Crafty Friends,

It is time for another Ribbon Carousel Challenge!  This week’s challenge is to get colorful! Use those bright colors you might not usually choose.

blank Challenge icon

This week’s sponsor is Totally Stampalicious! Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog for all the details on this week’s challenge and how you could win a prize!

ts_logo

For my card I went all out with the color.  This is definitely not my usual style… but it is growing on me.  All of the delightful (and bright) designer papers are from the Be You 6x6 paper pack from Fancy Pants.  I paired them with some yummy light turquoise grosgrain ribbon and red pom pom trim.

RCC49_SuperColorful_DanielleLounds

I also embellished the card with some Prima flowers and Antique Rose rhinestones.  The flowers needed a little something so I added Diamond Stickles to the petals.  The sentiment is from the Framed Greetings stamp/die set by My Favorite Things.  I used the coordinating die to cut the sentiment out after stamping.  Note: it would have been easier to cut the panel out using the die and then to stamp.  I did it backwards… and I’m really surprised it worked! ;)

RCC49_SuperColorful_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Some challenge details:  Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings! *** Be sure to have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, thread (basically anything that comes on a spool). ***  Once you complete you project head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog to enter the contest.

Recipe:
Stamps: Framed Greetings stamp/die set (MFT).
Paper: Basic Black (PTI), Sweet Tooth (MFT), Be You designer (Fancy Pants).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lipstick Red Fluid Chalk ink (Colorbox).
Accessories: Antique Rose rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Red Pom-pom trim (American Crafts), Light Turquoise Grosgrain ribbon (May Arts), foam dimensional tape, flowers (Prima), Diamond Stickles (Ranger).

1 comment:

  1. I. LOVE.This.!!! THAT is great use of color and the pretty trim and flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)