Tuesday, April 24, 2012

RCC50: Happy Birthday from the Birthdaybot

Hey Crafty Friends,

It is time for another Ribbon Carousel Challenge… and this week it is anything goes!

blank Challenge icon

We are excited to have our friends at There She Goes as this week’s challenge sponsor! 

Head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog for all the details on this week’s challenge and learn how you could win a prize!

tsg

I’m a huge fan of TSG (and was even on the design team for a while) so I just had to play along.  I also had a new stamp that was just dying for some ink.  Gotta love when it works out that way. ;)

RCC_BirthdayBot_DanielleLounds

I stamped Birthdaybot in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock three times: there is the bottom layer which was die cut using a Circle Nestabilities die, the second layer that consists of his arm and the gift and the third layer which is just his arm.  All layers were colored with Copic markers and adhered together using foam dimensionals.  Other notes: I used a Silver Spica pen to hi-light portions of the image and I added Glossy Accents to his visor.

RCC_BirthdayBot_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

All of the designer papers used on the base panel are from the Follow Your Heart – Be Amazing 6x6 designer pad from My Mind’s Eye. I tacked all of the pieces to a panel of Taken with Teal cardstock and then stitched in place using my sewing machine.  I added a sentiment flag cut from So Saffron cardstock and finished embellishing the card with a wood button, some jute and a few orange rhinestones.

RCC_BirthdayBot_SentimentCloseup_DanielleLounds

Some challenge details: Your creation can be anything from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings! *** Be sure to have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, thread (basically anything that comes on a spool). ***

Once you complete you project head over to the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog to enter the contest.

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthdaybot (There She Goes).
Paper: Taken With Teal, So Saffron (SU!), Whip Cream (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Follow Your Heart – Be Amazing designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Silver Copic Spica pen.
Accessories: Natural Jute (May Arts), Circle and Pinking Circle Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Orange rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), button, Glossy Accents (Ranger).

3 comments:

  1. OHHH! I want this image sooooo bad! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that robot! And your design--FAB! LOVE the banner and the papers! AMAZING:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love the layers, the color combo, your coloring, the layout...oh heck, I love it ALL!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! What a fun lil bot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)