Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SCRS78: Cherry Blossoms

** Please scroll down to the next post to see my Ribbon Carousel Challenge card. **

Hello Craft Friends,

Today I have a fun Sparkle Creations sketch challenge to share with you! For this week’s challenge you just need to make a card using the sketch below:

scrsc78

For all of the details on the challenge head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog (fyi – the blog location changed recently). You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

SCRSC78A_CherryBlossomRin_DanielleLounds

For my card I used Cherry Blossom Rin and paired her with some of my favorite Basic Grey Konnichiwa designer paper.  I have to admit that in the past I was not the biggest fan of their paper… but I LOVE the new lines that they have been producing. :)

I stamped Rin in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I used the Melon Spica pen on her hair sticks for a bit of added sparkle.

SCRSC78A_CherryBlossomRin_Closeup_DanielleLounds

In the upper right corner of the main panel I punched two tiny holes close to each other and through them tied a bow using Maraschino Baker’s Twine.  I then adhered a Prima paper flower over the knot using a couple of foam dimensionals.  For a final touch and to balance the red elements I added tiny red rhinestones in a few places.

SCRSC78A_CherryBlossomRin_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

For more fabulous samples check out these talented design team members:

Recipe:
Stamps: Cherry Blossom Rin (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Red (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Konnichiwa designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: paper flower (Prima), Multi-color Twinkles (TE), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Maraschino Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape.

2 comments:

  1. OHHHHHH! I just love this card--LOVE your papers and how you flipped the sketch! LOVE LOVE LOVE your little Rin image! BEAUTIFULLY colored:) YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Its good to see fresh content always.
    Link Building Services

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)