Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It’s the Ribbon Carousel’s Birthday!

Hey Crafty Friends – I have a special post today.  The Ribbon Carousel Crewmates are throwing a surprise Birthday Blog hop for Corinna to celebrate her stores first birthday!

rcc_1stBirthday

Corinna does so much for use that we just had to show her our appreciation with some pretty eye candy.  I also hear there have been a few surprises sent in the mail… although my card is going to be late… boo… hiss.  In the meantime this picture of the card will just have to do! :)

JustForYou_BirthdayBash_DanielleLounds

Instead of making a birthday card I decided I needed to make “Just for you” card with a baking theme.  Hee… there is a story behind this.  This last February when I was visiting the Seattle area for a scrapping get-together, Corinna  generously let me stay at her home (and did much chauffeuring).  And she was even brave enough to let me take over her kitchen this to bake some cookies – which is very generous since I am horrible about washing the dirty dishes.  But there was just one problem… no pot holders!!!  Courageous woman that she is, she is handy enough to make a dish towel work.  I am a klutz.  Major klutz.  She needs pot holders.  So I thought she would get a giggle out of this card and the item I’m including with it (hint – you can see it in the above picture). ;)

JustForYou_BirthdayBash_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

Some details: I stamped the image several times, once on designer paper and the other two times on Choice Snow White cardstock (TE).  I paper pieced the hat and apron from designer paper, the bowl and her hand from the second image stamped on white.  I used Copic markers to color the white portions of the image and to add a touch of shading to her apron and hat.  The mixing bowl needed a bit more red to match the rest of the card so I added little red dots using the atyou Spica glitter pens.

I embellished the card with a bit of Basque Red vintage seam binding that I pleated and stitched in place using my sewing machine.  I covered the stitches with Plum Divine Twine and used more of the twine to create a loopy button.

JustForYou_BirthdayBash_ButtonCloseup_DanielleLounds

For more birthday bash fun visit the following talented stampers:

 

P.S. I used the following Copic markers to color the image.  I also used Red and Lipstick atyou Spica pens to add the itty bitty dots to the mixing bowl.  If you would like me to continue sharing the exact markers I use on my cards just let me know.

JustForYou_BirthdayBash_Markers_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Fresh From the Oven (MFT).
Paper: Red, Soft Sky (SU!), Whip Cream (MFT), What’s Up designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Red and Lipstick atyou Spica pens (Copic).
Accessories: Basque Red Vintage seam binding (Ribbon Carousel), Plum baker’s twine (Divine Twine), purple button, rhinestones, foam dimensional tape (TE), 3/8” Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Polka Dot Greetings Die-namics (MFT), Glossy Accents (Ranger), white gel pen, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

12 comments:

  1. She's adorable!! I love the gift with it... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! This is fun, and I bet she will love it, late or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I certainly want to be there next year for cookie baking! What a fun card, Danielle...loaded with glorious ribbon and such a cute image! I'm sure that our Ribbon Goddess will get a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS Danielle! STUNNING coloring and I ADORE your layout and embellies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card from you! You are the resident crafty chef among the herd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that mixing bowl!! And the pleated seam binding looks great:) I wish I could have seen your baking mishap (p.s. I would eat freshly baked cookies off a floor any day of the week;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! I STILL don't have potholders!! You are too funny and ALWAYS welcome to bake at my home. Oh and I have a pot holder now. ;) I just love this card and can't wait to proudly display it with all of the other wonderful cards you've bestowed to me! Thanks for being a dear friend too. I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the goop on her face! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! Love the seam binding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOOOOVE this, Danielle! I love your coloring--love your papers--LOVE that glossy accent on the bowl! FUN! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute card. thank you for sharing. rush88888 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)