Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SCRSC80: Wings and Circular Things

Hello Crafty Friends!

It is time for a new Sparkle Creations Rubber stamps challenge!  And this week we have a fun umbrella to use as inspiration! :)

scrsc80

For all of the details on the challenge head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

And here is my card…

SCRS80A_MakeAWish_DanielleLounds

I’m sure you are wondering how it ties in with the umbrella.  Well, there are two themes I pulled from the picture – the wings of the butterflies on the umbrella and the round shape.  I was also trying to keep the colors similar, but my pink wings ended up more red than pink and I just had to bring out the yellow of the wand by using yellow designer paper.  *LOL*  But I like the final result so I’m going with it. ;)

SCRS80A_MakeAWish_Closeup_DanielleLounds

BTW – there are two layers to the fairy for extra dimensional goodness.  Oh, and those three sparkly accents are the new Goosebump rhinestones from Queen & Co.  (my favorite new embellishment!).

Now that you have taken a gander at my card, check out these talented design team members:

Recipe:
Stamps: Karber Fairy (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Icy Mint and Taffy (Bazzill), Indie Chic – Nutmeg designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: clear Goosebumps (Queen & Co.), Scalloped Circle and Circle Grand Nestabilities, Petite Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensional tape, crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)