Saturday, June 16, 2012

Color Concoction: Make a Wish Daisy

Hello everyone!

I have a fun card to share today, but first I wanted to share a little color inspiration.  I’ve been loving the new Card Shoppe cardstock from Bazzill and thought it would be nice to create some favorite color combinations.  And then I thought it would be even nicer if I shared them with you because I like to share.  So here is the first one:

ColorConcoction1

If you do play along and use the combo I would love to see your creation.  Just leave a link in the comments and I will be super duper happy to check it out. :) If you like the combo and would like to play along but don’t have these colors feel free to substitute similar card stock.  It is just for fun and inspiration!

By the way – if you are wondering about the name.  Isa is one of my fat cats and she is quite the princess so I named it after her.  And when she is good I call her Isa-bean, but when she is bad… well, there are a lot of words I use instead of the “bean”. ;)  Hee hee.

Oh, and I only have two cats.  Just two.  However, between the two of them they have enough “fluffiness” for several cats. 

PinkOopsADaisy_DanielleLounds

Onto the card I made with the color concoction.  About a month ago I saw this card by Jen.  After which I broke down and ordered the whole set of Distress Markers by Ranger and then I had to order the Oops A Daisy stamp set from Taylored Expressions.  Ouch ouch – my poor wallet! ;)

I finally had a chance to use the markers and this card is my first attempt. Well, there was that one trial daisy but I’m not counting it.  My verdict?  I LOVE them!  No, I won’t be giving up my Copics but I have the feeling these will be my go to medium when coloring non-people images.

PinkOopsADaisy_Closeup_DanielleLounds

That is it for me!  Have a great weekend and check back soon for more crafty goodness.

Recipe:
Stamps: Oops A Daisy (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Icy Mint, Cotton Candy and Candy Hearts (Bazzill Card Shoppe), watercolor paper, Fab-u-lous designer (Simple Stories).
Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir, Ranger Distress Markers in Worn Lipstick, Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo.
Accessories: Pink Twinkle Goosebumps (Queen & Co), Scarab Vintage Seam Binding (Ribbon Carousel), foam dimensional tape, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Oval and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Frost Smooch Glitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)