Friday, June 8, 2012

DS55: Believe in Magic

Hey Crafty Friends -

I just wanted to pop in and share a card I made for this week’s Deconstructed Sketch challenge using the new Karber Magic stamp set from Sparkle Creations.  I wasn’t slated to preview this set but it was just so cute that I had to make a card using it. ;)  The set will be available for purchase tomorrow.

KarberHarry_DS55_DanielleLounds

Here is the sketch – make sure to head over to the Deconstructed Sketch blog for all the details on the challenge.

ds55

For my card I stamped Harry and the brown from Karber Magic in black ink and colored with Copic markers.  I then cut them out and attached to the card base using foam dimensionals.  For extra fun I adhered some little pieces of natural jute to the broom.  I used Best Glue Ever to adhere them in place and then for extra permanent stick I used a big of Glossy Accents.  I also coated his glasses with Glossy Accents.

KarberHarry_DS55_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

For the sentiment I spelled out “Magic” using some glittery gold letters.  There is a cute sentiment that comes with the set but it didn’t quite fit the layout – so sticker letters to the rescue! :)

KarberHarry_DS55_SentimentCloseup_DanielleLounds

And to finish, a side shot so you can see some of the dimension.  Definitely a favorite!  And I think I need to use letter stickers more often. :D

KarberHarry_DS55_SideView_DanielleLounds

That is it for me.  However I will be back in a few hours with another sample for the June release at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.

Recipe:
Stamps: Karber Magic (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Taffy and Jawbreaker Card Shoppe (Bazzill), Choice Snow White (TE), Indie Chic – Citron designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Gold letters (Recollections), Natural Jute (May Arts), Tiny Twinkle rhinestones (TE), foam dimensional tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, button (Melissa Frances), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Glossy Accents (Ranger).

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Danielle! That little guy is hilarious and I love what you did with the layout! Thanks for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)