Monday, June 11, 2012

For the Love of Yellow

Hello everyone – I have a very yellow Thanks card to share with you today.  I made this card for my tutorial on dyeing silk ribbon using Copic ink refills over at the Ribbon Carousel Blog.  Check it out and let me know what you think. :)

DyedRibbonSample_Thanks_DanielleLounds

The main image is the Thanks A la Carte stamp from Taylored Expressions and it fit perfectly with the layout I had in mind.  I usually plan my layouts around the stamps I want to use but this time I really wanted to showcase the pretty dyed ribbon. ;)

DyedRibbonSample_Thanks_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Some glitter, stick pins and bumpy embellishments and the card was finished.  And definitely very yellow. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Thanks A la Carte (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Sour Lemon and Gold Coins (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Indie Chic designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, YG95 Copic Various Ink refill.
Accessories: White silk ribbon (May Arts – available at the Ribbon Carousel Store), Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart), stick pins (My Mind’s Eye), Goosebumps (Queen & Co.), foam dimensional tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Labels Fourteen Nestabilities dies (Spellbinders), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty! Love the ribbon and the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)